Cupping is by far one of the biggest growing health modalities in the West. However, cupping has been used for thousands of years, not only in China and other parts of Asia, but also Africa and the Mediterranean, the Middle East, Europe and North America. Cupping has been an essential part of many cultures natural medicine techniques and its uses are varied around the world, but there is always the underlying theory in that cupping helps relieve pain and disease by allowing the Qi and body fluids to flow without hinderance.
There are three main varieties of cups used:
* Facial Cups are designed especially for gentle application and the suction is very easy to control. They are typically hand blown glass with small hand pumps.
Cupping is most widely & commonly used for:
- Pain Relief: joint pain, arthritic pain, fibromyalgia, muscle pain & stiffness, headaches, migraines, TMJ, sciatica
- Skin Health: acne, eczema, cellulite, herpes, reducing scar tissue
- Relaxation: which benefits mental disorders, anxiety & depression
- Respiratory Disorders: chest infections, asthma, allergies, colds & flu, bronchitis, sinus issues
- Women's Health: fertility & gynaecological disorders, cramping, menopause
- Wrinkle Reduction: specialised cups are used for facial treatments in conjunction with Facial Acupuncture
- General Health: weight-loss, immunity boosting, detoxifying, fever due to illness
How It Works:
- Pain Relief: eases muscle tension, increases blood flow through areas of pain which brings in vital nutrients & oxygen to "stuck areas", helps muscle relaxation through fascial tissue release due to the suction mechanism of the cups
- Skin Health: by stimulating the blood flow in the skin & underlying tissues, it helps to promote healthy tissue growth, it reduces toxins stuck in the dermal tissue and clears out pores
- Relaxation: lowers patients' natural stress responses by naturally relaxing muscles which naturally sedates the nervous system
- Respiratory Disorders: cupping certain acupuncture points & meridians opens up the airways, clears congestion & phlegm, & is also safe to use on children
- Women's Health: helps to relieve back pain & cramps, helps to reduce hot flashes & night sweats, cupping also helps to reduce PMS symptoms
- Wrinkle Reduction: as well as what is stated under Skin Health, there is also the stimulation of collagen in the skin which decreases wrinkles & fine lines, & there is a decrease in blemishes & age spots
- General Health: when an area is cupped there is a decrease in any cellulite which assists with weight-loss; in Chinese Medicine the skin assists with our immunity, so by increasing its health we increase our overall health; cupping allows toxic buildup to be moved out of our cells & eliminated through our urine & bowel movements (great for Building Industry workers); cupping naturally helps to regulate body temperature and can help reduce fevers
Wellness is a Journey,
not a Destination.